edX LTI Setup
Vocareum is integrated to edX through LTI 1.1. Please see the section on LTI for details on how to configure Vocareum platform for LTI integration.
Information on how to configure edX to accept LTI providers is described here. Below is a summary of the steps needed -
- To create the LTI passport strings for your edX environment, use the secret and key provided when you select "LTI Details" in the course Setting page. If the LTI Details button is not visible, turn LTI to on by selecting "Settings".
- Select "LTI details" to get the Key and Secret -
- Locate "LTI Passports" under Advanced Settings in your edX Studio Settings.
- Create LTI Passports by appending Course LTI Id, LTI Key and LTI Secret from the LTI details as presented in previous step. For example, in the above example LTI Passports string would be "Vocareum_LTI_Course:vc_2_0_VOC_17_01_10key5875090651b48:cc52ff40974c1295"
In this example Vocareum_LTI_Course is an LTI ID that you create for the course which you will need in the steps below to identify the course.
- Retrieve the LTI URL for the assignment from "LTI Link" field under Option
- To add this assignment to your Unit in edX, select "Advanced" under "Add New Component" -
- Now select "Edit" to enter LTI ID and LTI URL. Note that LTI ID needs to be the same as in your LTI Passport Strings and LTI URL is retrieved from Vocareum under "Advanced Options" as described earlier
Troubleshooting students not seeing their progress report updated
- Make sure that "Auto-publish grades" is set to ON in Advanced Option for the assignment in Vocareum. You can manually push the grades by going to Assessment=>Export=>Push grade to LTI to send grades which were not sent.
- Set "Scored" to True under LTI Component settings on edX. By default this value it set to False and that would prevent edX from receiving scores from Vocareum.