Creating a full stack assignment
You can create assignments that run full stack on Vocareum's shared server architecture by following the steps outlined below.
1. Create a new assignment by selecting "New" -
2. Enter a name of the assignment and select "Save and Continue"
3.. Add a part by selecting "+"
4. Add a part name
5. Select IDE as "standard with terminal" under Workspace
5. Select "Web/WS server" under Resources
5. Select "Save Part"
6. Select "Configure Workspace" and add starter code and other files as needed for the assignment.
7. As a student, start a HTTP server (e.g. node) by typing in the following. In this example Server.js is the node file for the server. voc_get_proxied_server_port gets an available port for the server.
8. Student can now connect to the web server by typing "myserver.vocareum.com" on the same browser where you started the server in a different tab. Platform uses the session cookie to connect to the right web server.