This article describes the Vocareum feature for bulk start, end and query of Cloud Labs, providing the ability to instructors for warming up or shutting down labs for all the learners in a course for a given assignment.
QUERYING STATUS OF THE LABS FOR AN ASSIGNMENT
1. Go to your course's Dashboard page -
2. Choose the desired assignment -
3. Select Controls > Query Lab, then confirm -
4. If no labs have been started, you will see the following status -
5. If labs have been started, you may see the following status -
STARTING LABS FOR AN ASSIGNMENT FOR ALL LEARNERS
1. From the course assignment's Dashboard, select Controls > Start Lab, then confirm -
- Labs automatically terminate after the designated "Lab Session Length" (as set in the Course Settings) unless extended by the learner from their environment or extended by the instructor with "Dashboard > Controls > Start Lab".
- When a learner first enters an instructor-initiated lab, the remaining lab session time may be shorter than the "Lab Session Length" since the counter starts from when the instructor started the lab.
- Initiating "Start Lab" will extend the session time for any learner labs that were previously started. This is convenient when you want to make sure that labs continue to run beyond the original "Lab Session Length".
- You may Start Lab for any published or unpublished assignment, but learners cannot gain access to the assignment unless the assignment is published.
ENDING LABS FOR AN ASSIGNMENT FOR ALL LEARNERS
1. From the course assignment's Dashboard, select Controls > End Lab, then confirm -
- This will initiate the lab termination process for all learners in a given assignment (i.e., credentials cancelled and resources deleted).