NOTE: Please refer to the AWS documentation on "Providing access to AWS accounts owned by third parties".
In order for Vocareum to manage your AWS account(s), please use this guide which details how to create a Vocareum administrator role and enable billing reports.
To create the Vocareum administrator role, please take the following steps:
1. Starting with an unused AWS payer account, navigate to IAM roles in the AWS console and create a new role.
2. Choose Another AWS account from the four options presented. In the Account ID field, please enter 036136800740 and verify that the number was entered correctly before proceeding.
3. Select the AdministratorAccess policy from the list.
You may use the next screen to add any tags if needed. Otherwise, you can skip tagging and move on to the review screen.
4. Please enter vocareumadmin as the Role name. The role name must be entered correctly for us to assume the role.
You can choose to add a description to the role but it is not required.
Click Create role to finish creating the role.
To enable billing reports, please take the following steps:
1. Click on your account name in the navigation bar to open the drop-down menu. Then, click My Account to navigate to the account settings page.
2. Scroll down to the IAM User and Role Access to Billing Information section.
Check the box next to Activate IAM Access and then click Update.